Friday, November 30, 2007

practicing patience

I've been thinking a lot about the future lately and I'm getting impatient. Perhaps it's because I just bought a plane ticket home to Ohio for Christmas. I'm thinking about the last time I was back when I told everyone about my Peace Corps plans. Now I'm going to see everyone again and they'll all be asking me about my plans and I won't have anything new to tell them. Sure, I've been medically cleared, but I still don't know when I'm leaving, where I'm going, or what I'll be doing. And I may not know until as late as April! I'm ready to leave right now! I never wanted to live in Santa Cruz again after living in Hawai'i, and even though it hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be, I'm still secretly dreading spending another 5-7 months here. On the other hand, I'm afraid to start anything new because 5-7 months isn't really such a long time. Obviously I need to just suck it up and learn to be patient.

No comments: