Tuesday, September 30, 2008

a tour of my village



yup, that's my village out there on that island


sunset over the mainland


the view from the top of the hill


same hill


rugby team practicing at low tide



yeah, it's always that windy


my kitchen


my house, way too big for just one person!



sunset over the mainland



tide going out


our community hall


our church (yes, I go every Sunday), and the Pastor's house

Werelevu (big house) - the Chief's house
This is where we have village meetings, and where you go if you want to see the chief. He and his family live in the house to the right. This is also where we get our drinking water. That pipe to the left leads from the roof of werelevu to a cement water tank where we fill up our bottles


Some houses along the seawall.

the view down the footpath through the middle of the village


my neighbor's laundry


nap time

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool pics! Keep 'em coming!

Uncle Dan