Thursday, August 2, 2007

so the peace corps huh...

I had heard that applying for the Peace Corps was a long, complicated process. I've since found out that everything I've heard is true. I started working on my application back in March 2007, and right now it looks like I'll be leaving in May or June 2008. At this point I know that I'm probably going somewhere in the South Pacific, and I'm probably in a program called "Protected Areas Management." The requirements for this assignment are a) coursework/degree in marine biology, and b) SCUBA certification. At this point, if nothing changes, I'm stoked. This sounds perfect for me. But, they told me that 40% of the time, something changes. Lets hope that I get to keep this assignment and I won't have to jump through too many hoops before I leave.

No comments: